Discover Sudbury by bike!
Whether for sport or pleasure, biking or cycling in Sudbury is an affordable way to explore the city or non-motorized trails. There are plenty of routes year-round for all ages and abilities for your next outdoor adventure in Sudbury.
- The Ramsey Lake Cycle Tour de Sudbury: A Scenic ride around Ramsey Lake on dedicated cycling trails as well as some beautiful sections of the Lake Laurentian Conservation Area.
- Hillfield Trail - TCT (2 km): A favourite for Lively residents, taking you from Hillcrest Park to Fielding Memorial Park
- Kelly Lake Trail - TCT: (4.5 km): Enjoy a great view of Kelly Lake and the Fielding Park bird sanctuary via boardwalks and hard packed trails.
- Lake Laurentian Conservation Area to Moonlight Beach - TCT (3.5 km): This great trail connects Moonlight Beach to Laurentian University, providing easy access to the beach for people adventuring from the South End.
- Martindale to Downtown - TCT (4.5 km): Follow the scenic route along Junction Creek into Downtown.
- Martindale Road to Tom Davis Square (3.2 km): Ending right in the heart of Downtown Sudbury, this is the perfect route to get into the downtown core.
- Rotary Park Trail (2.9 km): A safe and easy trail connecting New Sudbury to Downtown
- Vermillion River to Hillfield Trail - TCT (10 km): A longer paved trail that parallels Municipal Road 55
Popular Mountain Biking and Fat Biking destinations include:
Rainbow Routes Association - A not-for-profit in Greater Sudbury with a mission to encourage health, adventure, connection to nature, and to promote and enhance the 30+ wilderness and urban non-motorized trails in the RRA trail network. See Urban Cycling Routes or Mountain Biking Routes
Walden Mountain Bike Club - A not-for-profit club located in the West end of Greater Sudbury that is run by a volunteer Board of Directors affiliated with the International Mountain Bike Association. See Walden Trails.
Cycling and Biking Resources:
Bike Sudbury – A local volunteer group that connects cyclists, works towards cycling enhancements to help making cycling safe and fun. Bike Sudbury has created community ride maps, which people can find using the Ride With GPS app.