With 330 lakes in Greater Sudbury the options to find a great fishing hole are endless.
Whether you’re fishing offshore or prefer the comfort of an ice hut, there are plenty of options to get outside to try ice fishing this winter in Sudbury.
To go ice fishing, there are several things you will need to know including:
- What you need, including a valid fishing licence
- Ice safety tips
- Ice fishing lines
- Fishing seasons / species
Whether you are fishing on the ice, boat or shore depends on the local conditions during the open/closed season for a particular species. For more information on fishing seasons, refer to the Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary.
Family Day weekend is one of several weekends annually when Ontario residents can legally fish anywhere in the province without a valid license. Learn more >>>
Check out Sudbury’s lodges and outfitters for more information on ice fishing and accommodation opportunities.
No gear? No problem.
Take advantage of the Tackle Share Program through the Greater Sudbury Public Library
Fishing Greater Sudbury Resources:
- Guide to Fishing Species in Local Greater Sudbury Lakes
- Boat Launches in Greater Sudbury
- Tackle Share Program – Greater Sudbury Public Library
- Ramakkos Source for Adventure – Sudbury’s 20,000 sq. ft. Outdoor Super Store
#DiscoverSudbury #DiscoverON #fishing #sudbury #ThingstoDoinSudbury