With 330 lakes in Greater Sudbury the options to find a great fishing hole are endless.
Whether you’re fishing off shore or by boat there are plenty of options to get outside to try angling in Sudbury. The Greater Sudbury area has a wide variety of fish species for anglers of all experience levels. Some of the most popular species include Lake Trout, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Yellow Perch, and Walleye to name a few. Before casting a line, be sure to follow all municipal, Indigenous community, provincial, and federal regulations or requirements for Fisheries Management Zone 10.
If you are new to the sport, take advantage of several weekends annually when Ontario residents can legally fish anywhere in the province without a valid license. Learn more >>>
If you’re searching for a more remote fly-in fishing experience, Sudbury Aviation operates twelve secluded Northern Ontario fly-in fishing camps as well as Fly –In, Fly Fishing options. For more fishing options with accommodations visit Lodges and Cabins.
Fishing Greater Sudbury Resources:
- Guide to Fishing Species in Local Greater Sudbury Lakes
- Boat Launches in Greater Sudbury
- Tackle Share Program – Greater Sudbury Public Library
- Ramakkos Source for Adventure – Sudbury’s 20,000 sq. ft. Outdoor Super Store
- Rentals – Canoe, Kayak, Stand Up Paddle Boards, and Tent Rentals – Kivi Park’s Crowley Lake
- Canoe & Kayak Rentals – Lake Laurentian Conservation Area
- Outfitters – Canoes, Kayaks, Fishing Boats (with motor), tents, and camping gear – Sportsman’s Lodge – Kukagami
#DiscoverSudbury #DiscoverON #fishing #sudbury #ThingstoDoinSudbury